alice-teacher Running Alice on OS X Lion

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Jul 27 11:18:15 EDT 2011

The version of Alice 2.2 that is now on the website will not run under OS X 10.7 (Lion). We are currently testing a version of Alice 2.2 that will run on Lion (as well as older versions of the Mac OS. This is part of a new release of Alice 2.2 that should be available at the end of this week, or early next week, assuming the testing continues to go well. This update will have some bug fixes and additions to the gallery, and there will be a version of this update for both OS X and Windows. Stay tuned.

We also anticipate a new release of Alice 3.0 Beta at the same time, or very close. The version of Alice 3.0 Beta that is currently available will run on OS X 10.7 (Lion).

As always, you mileage may vary with these releases, so please be sure to let us know of problems you may encounter.

Later,
Don Slater