[Access Lunch] accessibility lunch!

Peya Mowar pmowar at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Oct 2 09:47:48 EDT 2023

Hi all,
Please find the details about today's discussion below:

Title: Breaking the News Barrier - Towards understanding the news consumption experiences of BVI individuals in India

Details: In this ongoing work, I will discuss the motivations, mechanisms and preferences of BVI (blind and visually impaired) users while consuming news from digital sources.  I will also discuss common barriers in accessing news and workarounds employed by such users. The primary goal of today's discussion is to get feedback for documenting this work.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Thanks and regards,
Peya Mowar