[Access Lunch] Next Speaker: Hugo Simao

Joon Jang jiwoongj at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Feb 20 15:19:14 EST 2023

 Hi everyone! For this week, (*Wed 2/22 noon-1PM*) we’re excited to have
Hugo Simao presenting on *Understanding Human Values to Guide the
Development of Future Value-Sensitive Robotic Technology.*

*Talk Summary:* We aim to explore older adults' values and perceptions of
technology. Through interviews in different contexts, we found that elders
hold similar values, but their expression and prioritization can vary
depending on their living context. These contextual factors can facilitate
or hinder the expression of values, suggesting opportunities and
considerations for designing technology and robots that align with elders'
values.

As usual, we’ll be in-person (NSH 1109) and on Zoom (
https://cmu.zoom.us/j/99230267646?pwd=Q2pPRUtBQVJBd25lZmlpNjBYQTZGdz09
<https://cmu.zoom.us/j/99230267646?pwd=Q2pPRUtBQVJBd25lZmlpNjBYQTZGdz09>)
from *noon-1PM*.

Hope to see you then!
Joon

---
JiWoong (Joon) Jang*, (he/him) - *joonbug.me
Ph.D. Student, Human-Computer Interaction Institute
Carnegie Mellon University - School of Computer Science