[Access Lunch] Notice of Summer Reading Group on Accessibility and Disability

Cynthia Bennett cbennet2 at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jun 3 09:03:44 EDT 2021

Hi Everyone,

Some of us interested in accessibility and disability will have a reading group weekly, Fridays from 3 to 4 PM Eastern, starting 6/11. If you'd like to join, please reach out to me individually. We won't post our meetings on any public lists since we'll all be agreeing to some community commitments with the intent to respect each other and to foster a safer space. Before expressing interest, please reflet whether you can attend most meetings during this time through August, whether you can dedicate 1-2 hours to spend with each week's readings (in addition to our meeting), whether you can commit to choose readings and lead discussion one week, and whether you can commit to learning and fostering an anti-ableist/anti-oppressive space.

If it won't work this summer, let me know if you'd like to be included in a poll to set the time for a future accessibility reading group.

Thanks,

Cynthia L. Bennett<https://www.bennettc.com/>
Pronouns: she/her<https://www.mypronouns.org/she-her>

Twitter<https://twitter.com/clb5590?lang=en>